Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's Official! "We" are a knitting circle!


Last night was our first meeting and it was so awesome to see so many people with "like" minds coming together. I saw a beautiful scarf being created, a baby blanket knitted with loving hands, an adorable pink toddler sweater for a sweet four year old daughter. Our new knitters were learning how to cast-on and knit. It wasn't long before all were talking and smiling and helping each other. As a community, we were coming together for fun, friendship and learning an Art that will not be forgotten. It was exciting to see all eighteen hands crafting and enjoying our first knitting circle. "We" are the Chicks With Sticks Knitting Circle!

2 comments:

  1. I love my weekly knit nights. They are so friendly and helpful. I love the knitting advice and just love listening to the conversation, too. Some weeks, there are lots of treats and some weeks not so much. Most of us are too busy knitting to eat anyway. Tonight, I was working on my moebius. Emily was knitting a sock, as were a bunch of other people. One woman was crocheting a blanket, someone was making a sweater for a young niece (pink and green camo), 2 women are working on Kaffe Basset sawtooth sweaters. One is about halfway done with hers. The other is still in the picking out yarn stage. Last week the one who is just starting hers, was working on the other lady's sweater. We were teasing the first lady about being Tom Sawyer and making the other lady knit her sweater, like Tom Sawyer did with white-washing the fence! LOL! One of them helped me with the cast-on for my moebius! They are great. I hope your group is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those cupcakes look amazing! Thank you for spreading the word that knitting is good for you - I always tell that to my husband whenever he reaches into his sock drawer and pulls out yarn from my ever-consuming stash...

    ReplyDelete